Sunday, June 01, 2014

Sonnenhof

We went to a farm recently. It was B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!

The large, open spaces. 

The warm sunshine that basked on our skin.

Amazingly fresh and crisp air that filled our lungs.... Ahhh.

People who live in Stuttgart think that the air up North is much fresher. But when one has lived in Asia, one is so thankful for the better air quality in the West.

And now that I have kids, I'm truly appreciative that I live in a smaller city / village and not in a densely-populated metropolitan.

Sure I still miss Singapore but I've gotten quite comfortable living in my second home. Give me a hawker centre here and I think that's all I need without missing my country of birth too much. Lol.

Sonnenhof is this farm just a 15-minute drive from my house. Its name literally means "Sun farm".

It was so gorgeous! There are farm animals like cows, horses, goats and ducks which children are more than welcomed to stroke since they are mostly tame and accustomed to children.

There are mini tractors that one can rent to ride and life-sized tractors where kids can sit on and simply "drive" the tractors.

Play areas are a-plenty and there is an outdoor barn with hay where older kids go crazy spraying hay all over themselves. One can celebrate his birthday there as there are amenities for a kid's birthday celebration.

And best of all? It's completely FREE!

That's right. There's no entrance fee at all! Even parking is free. One can simply get a mat and just spend the whole day having a picnic there.

The farm earns its keep from a store where it sells its own produce and has a small cafe with cakes and coffee. One can buy locally-grown strawberries and asparagus too now that it's in season.

My girlfriend and I spent about 2 hours in the late afternoon there on a very hot summer day. We arrived around 5pm and it was actually the best time to be there because the sun was scorching hot before that. Our boys had a blast and we kept saying that we had to go back there again.

I shall let the pictures speak for themselves. :)


Those life-sized tractors which are magnets for kids!

Gabe has absolutely NO fear of animals
 
Can't say the same for his Mama though!



Love this outfit on Gabe! My Dad got it for him from Singapore.

The boys look so stunned cos older kids were going crazy in the hay barn

A close-up of the hay barn

Brotherly love!

He had a matching hat and shirt! They were bought separately and had the exact same material!

A must-visit if you live in / around Stuttgart! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute Big Guy....

CL said...

look like a great place for children!

Pris said...

Anonymous - Thanks!!!

CL - It is! I went back there again yesterday. It's so gorgeous in summer! And now with the strawberry season, we can't get enough of the strawberries!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails