Sunday, June 23, 2013

Smoked salmon pasta


I can't believe that I haven't posted this recipe!

It's one of my family's favourite recipes and I could whip it up in about 15 minutes flat. The only fresh ingredient needed for this dish is the smoked salmon, which can easily be kept in the fridge for a couple of days.

Other than that, the other ingredients can be kept for a long time.

Usually the taste of salmon is not strong enough to give taste to pasta, but smoked salmon itself tastes soooo good that I don't even need to add any salt.

Try it and you'll realize what I'm talking about! 

Ingredients:-

- 400 grams smoked Salmon
- 220 grams Spaghetti / Linguini
- 5 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 / 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 400 grams of cream (I used lactose-free cream)
- 1 teaspoon capers (optional)
- Handful of grated cheese
- Dash of freshly-crushed black pepper
- Handful of chopped parsley for garnish

1. Cook pasta according to packet instructions.

2. While pasta is cooking, heat up olive oil in a wok / pan.

3. Stir-fry garlic for a few minutes ensuring that it does not burn.

4. Add the pasta and stir-fry pasta in garlic until aromatic.

5. Add in the smoked salmon and fry until it breaks up into small pieces.

6. Add the cream and mix well. 

7. Add the capers, grated cheese and black pepper for taste. Mix well.

8. Before serving, garnish with a handful of chopped parsley.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Dear Priscilla,
just cooked this oh-so-easy-but-still-oh-so-delicious dish. Both I and the Munchkin liked it very much. Thanks for this wonderful recipe!
Kind regards, Sandy

Pris said...

Hey Sandy!!!!
I'm sooo happy that you enjoyed my recipe!!! It's still one of my favourite recipes after all this time! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails