I've been wanting to post this new recipe for the longest time, but just couldn't find the time to do so.
This is such an easy recipe and one does not need any fresh ingredients so it's absolutely great for weekends and when one doesn't have time to head down to the supermarket.
I like to have my meals healthy, so I try to include greens whenever I can. Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of frozen vegetables so I try to get my salad / vegetables fresh.
That's why I simply adore this dish. Although I use frozen spinach, it tastes pretty awesome compared to the regular frozen mixed vegetables. Hubby and Sammy polish off their portions whenever I cook it and it's usually done in about 15 minutes flat.
For Mummies with kids, this recipe is awesome!
- 220 grams Pasta (3 portions)
- 5 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
- A handful of frozen Spinach
- 300 grams Bacon
- 200 grams fresh brown Mushrooms (optional)
- 200 grams Créme Fráische
- Grated Cheese
|See Sammy's mini portion in the background?|
2. While pasta is cooking, chop up garlic finely.
3. Fry bacon in wok. No need to add oil because bacon will fry in its own fat.
4. Add garlic and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add Créme Fráische and frozen spinach. Let the sauce simmer for a while
6. When sauce is almost done, add grated cheese.
7. Mix pasta together with sauce and serve hot.
Another variation to this recipe would be to get streaky bacon and fry it crispy. Remove bacon and use the bacon fat to fry the garlic.