Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ham and Cheese pastry

A friend commented once that my recipes tend to be pretty tedious and time-consuming. Hence, I'm posting this entry to prove that I do make easy recipes too.

This recipe is a.w.e.s.o.m.e for parties or as a contribution for a potluck. It takes 5 minutes tops to prepare and is guaranteed to a be a hit with your guests! Plus, living in Germany, this recipe is superb because the ham and cheese is out-of-the-world here.

Ingredients:-

- A packet of puff pastry (Blätterteig)
- A packet of ham (about 6 slices)
- A packet of cheese (I used gouda)
- 1 egg yolk (beaten)

1. Pre-heat oven to about 200 degrees

2. Spread out puff pastry and place a layer of ham followed by a layer of cheese on it

3. Roll the entire thing length-wise and cut it into thin strips

4. Lay the strips facing upwards on a baking sheet and coat the top with a beaten egg yolk

5. Bake for about 20 minutes or according to the instructions of the puff pastry. Enjoy!
 Before baking
 The final product

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pris,
This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing it! I can see how it will be a hit at parties. i'm so gonna make these when i throw my next party! Question: do u grate the gouda cheese?
Thanks, Cindy

Pris said...

Hi Cindy!

It's really simple and delicious! You're gonna love it! No I didn't grate the gouda cheese. I just left it in slices.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! By the way, I have been silently reading your blog since you were pregnant with Sammy. You are doing so well as a first time mum! I remember struggling with mine for the first year. I'm also from Singapore but my hubby is aussie. We lived in Japan for a while when our son turned 1 and moved back to Oz last year and had our 2nd boy. Keep on writing! Sammy is very cute! My 2nd boy is only a few weeks older than Sammy :). - Cindy

Kiss a Cup of Latte said...

ooo..what a simple a delicious recipe. I hope to get a proper oven one of these days and start baking these puff pastries! :) andrea

Belinda G. said...

looks good Pris!

Pris said...

Hi Cindy!

Thanks for introducing yourself! Do you have a blog too? Thanks for encouraging me! I find that there's so many things to learn as a Mom. It's a lot of character formation for myself too - not easy! So you have two boys eh?? I have 2 younger brothers and I know that 2 boys can be a handful! You must be doing great though!

Pris said...

Andrea dear - Hey! :) These puffs are sooo delicious lah!!!! Taste better when hot. VERY easy to bake with a proper oven. I'm sure you'll have one in the U.S. right??? Gotta chat again!!! Miss talking to you!

Pris said...

Hey Bel - Thanks!!! I'm trying to cook fast these days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails