This recipe is a.w.e.s.o.m.e for parties or as a contribution for a potluck. It takes 5 minutes tops to prepare and is guaranteed to a be a hit with your guests! Plus, living in Germany, this recipe is superb because the ham and cheese is out-of-the-world here.
- A packet of puff pastry (Blätterteig)
- A packet of ham (about 6 slices)
- A packet of cheese (I used gouda)
- 1 egg yolk (beaten)
1. Pre-heat oven to about 200 degrees
2. Spread out puff pastry and place a layer of ham followed by a layer of cheese on it
3. Roll the entire thing length-wise and cut it into thin strips
4. Lay the strips facing upwards on a baking sheet and coat the top with a beaten egg yolk
5. Bake for about 20 minutes or according to the instructions of the puff pastry. Enjoy!
The final product