Thursday, March 01, 2012
Prawn and salmon with rice
We had this for dinner yesterday. Today we had simple takeaway cos Sammy and I seemed to have come down with some stomach bug. Poor boy puked like 3 times today and just when I thought it might be due to the fact that he didn't burp at his last feed, I had puke myself. :( Really hope that this will be over soon.
Anyway, this post is about my little discovery yesterday. While I'm all for trying out new recipes, I still need to bear in mind that I do have a little baby whose needs are 24/7. Hence, when the inspiration for this dish came to mind, I simply knew that it was from God!
This conconction is soooo simple, quick AND tasty that I could eat it everyday!
- 500 grams Salmon (4 pieces)
- 1 packet Thai Kai Yang marinade sauce
- Some fresh salad (rucola, cress etc)
- 1 packet of herbs cream sauce (Kräuter Rahm Soße)
- 12 prawns with shells on it
- 1 lime / lemon
- 200 grams rice
1. Season the salmon in the Thai marinade for 1-2 hours in the fridge
2. Grill the salmon in the oven for about 20 mins at 200 degrees celsius
3. While the salmon is grilling, cook the rice in the rice cooker
4. Skewer the prawns onto a wooden stick. Add some olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill them in the oven together with the salmon only in the last 5 - 7 minutes, bearing in mind that prawns don't take long to cook
5. Make the cream sauce according to the instructions on the packet (usually you just have to add water). The sauce is to be poured over the rice.
6. Assemble everything together. I added some lime to give it a zesty flavour. You can use lemon too.