Monday, June 20, 2011

30 weeks preggy - 10 more to go!

 What I'm wearing: Stretchy top from Orsay (10€ because I'm a member and got a 30% discount), maternity pants from Maternity House (30€) and matching shoes from Singapore (10€)

Have I already mentioned how much I enjoy being preggy? I love walking around with this protruding belly and having beautiful maternity wear to accentuate my curves. I like people complimenting me that I have a pregnancy glow. And most of all, I enjoy carrying a little made-by-God-hubby-and-I-baby all the time.

Now when I start to count down to D-day, I know I will definitely miss having a little baby living, moving and kicking inside me! A close friend of mine gave birth to her little boy yesterday and I had to think, "Oh man, I'm next!"

On the flip side, pregnancy isn't always a bed of roses. I do have backache when I sleep on my back / sleep for too long. Housework is now hubby's job because I simply ain't mobile with the vacuum-cleaner / cleaning with my huge belly. I get tired way more easily and even my usual 10-hrs of sleep does not always refresh me. The worst part? Constipation strikes when I least expect it to. I have to really pay attention to eat a lot of fibre  - especially in the 3rd trimester. **Bleah** 

But other than that, I'm thankful to say that I've had a complication-free pregnancy thus far. Baby's growth and development is on-track and he seems to listen to me when I tell him, "Mummy's going to sleep now. You can continue playing inside there, but do try not to kick me too hard ok?" I feel like my belly's huge and shudder at the thought that it can still expand in the last 10 weeks! Eeek.

Your baby now measures a little more than 39cm from crown to toe. She probably weighs about 1.3kg at this stage. Your baby's lungs and digestive tract are almost fully developed. She continues to open and shut her eyes. She can probably see what's going on inside your uterus (womb), tell light from dark and even track a light source. To complete the picture, your baby now has eyebrows and can bat her eyelashes!

About a litre of amniotic fluid now surrounds your baby, but that volume decreases as she gets bigger and has less room in your uterus. As you and your baby continue to grow, don't be alarmed if you feel breathless, as if you can't get enough air. It's just your uterus pressing against your diaphragm.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails