Thursday, June 23, 2011

Singapore 2011 part 5 - Meeting up with Bev at Marmelade Pantry, ION

We met up with Beverly when we were in Singapore. I've been following Bev's blog, since my friend recommended it to me. It's not that hard to when there are so many cute photos of her little one, Hunter and she writes a lot about food, which I'm also passionate about. Hunter's Eurasian and looking at his photos makes me so excited to see our little one in real life too.
Hunter in his Bugaboo Bee. He looks so startled in the first pix and he was completely knocked out in the second one. Would be lovely if our baby could sleep in public too! Look at those chubby legs!
Bev was kind enough to bring the Ergobaby so that hubby could give it a try with a real baby inside. Thanks Bev! 
Verdict: Its definitely more comfortable and better on the back than the Babybjorn. Now, we're still stuck between Ergobaby and Manduca - but that's a decision that we can make later.
I got the Green Peppercorn and Garlic chicken with crispy basil, kaffir lime rice, frazzled leeks and fried eggs (S$20). Absolutely drool-worthy!
Hubby went for the healthier version of warm spinach salad with mozzarella, bacon, pine nuts and burnt butter dressing (S$23). It was surprisingly good!
 Bev had the signature Crabmeat Linguini with pine nuts, tomatoes and chilli (S$23). Another winner.
Although I was already stuffed, I simply had to try the desserts for which Marmelade is famous for. I got the Old Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Cake for S$7.80 a piece. It was sooo good, but really huge. Could barely finish half of it!
Bev opted for the Sticky Date & Toffee Pudding with vanilla ice cream (S$12).
 Finally meeting up in the flesh! Its so amazing how the Internet can be such a useful tool to get to know people! Ok I have to admit that having a blog is one thing and meeting up with people in real life is another.  But I am so happy that Bev is open enough to meet up with her online friends and I'm so glad we did! She gave me a lot of baby tips re: strollers and all. Oh boy, having a boy is like having a brand-new education!

Marmelade Pantry

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails