Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Fusion Salad


































I went out with my dear friend, T. last Thursday. Every Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays there is the open market where the farmers sell fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers....everything that grows under the sun!

So there I was buying fresh Rucola, Endives, Cress at a fraction of the price I would pay at a supermarket. Oh man and they tasted soooo fresh! I told myself that I would try to buy vegetables from the market from now onwards - if I manage to make it down in time.

This dish is so healthy and tasty that I felt like I went for a detox! It seriously felt like my body was thanking me for feeding it with such healthy food!! Unlike fast food like Macdonalds where one goes to eat but comes out of it feeling, "Oh, I don't have to eat this for a while again", I felt that I could eat this meal anytime, any day!

Ingredients:
- Handful of Rucola (Rocket) salad
- Cress (Kresse in German)
- Endives
- Tomatoes (Strauch Tomaten)
- Mozarella Cheese
- 3 tbsp Due Vitorie Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp of Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 200grams Rumpsteak, sliced
- Garlic
- Red Thai Chilli (sliced)

1. Wash Rucola, Cress and Endives. Cut endives into bite-sized pieces. Mix all 3 vegetables thoroughly and arrange them nicely in a salad bowl.

2. Quarter the tomatoes and add them on top.

3. Slice mozarella chesse and arrange on top of the salad

4. Fry the garlic and red thai chilli for 2 mins

5. Add the rumpsteak and stir-fry for a couple of minutes, according to how well you want it done

6. Scoop out the beef and arrange them on top of the salad

7. Drizzle olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey.

8. Serve with garlic bread and orange juice. As I said detox!

Enjoy! This salad has a mixture of the Italian side (due to the Balsamic vinegar and olive oil) but the garlic and chilli beef slices makes the entire thing taste so exotic! Hubby and I finished it sooo quickly!

6 comments:

Room to Think said...

Thanks for the encouragment.It's great to have others to journey with...others who are also learning to take a step at a time and let God do 'His thing' :)

Oh my, the chilli crab below is totally drool worthy. I miss food back home now!

Toyin O. said...

sounds yummy, thanks for sharing recipe.

steph said...

wow, looks good. where did u get this recipe?

Pris said...

Room to Think - No problem! :) Great to have you as a friend journeying through not-so-easy times too!

Pris said...

Toyin O - Hey! Nice of you to pop by! :) Let me know if you do try out my recipe!

Pris said...

Hi Steph!
This is my own recipe. Conjured up in my mind. Stephan contributed the mozarella cheese idea. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails