Tuesday, November 03, 2009

It´s that time of the year again....


Our living room transformed in a cozy home with all our white candles from Ikea

The weather´s getting colder and I´m getting out all my long-sleeves, boots, "warmy-wormies" as my hubby would call it. We had a mini shopping spree on Saturday at Ikea, Hofmeister and Aldi all on one day. There were so many little things on the to-get list that we decided to attack it all at one go.

We normally bring the laptop from the study room to the living room whenever we want to watch a DVD. Love the feel of candles, especially when its all cold and windy outside and one can snuggle under a warm blanket on the sofa while being transported to a fantasy world of "happy ever afters".

I cherish these homely cuddly moments but still struggle with the long dark days when the sun barely peeks out of the clouds and its all gloomy and wet.

Its times like these that I have to remind myself that God created both summer and winter. That there´s a time and season for every activity under the sun. (Ecc. 3:1) That there´s beauty in cycles and seasons even if one generally prefers one to the other.

Help me find joy in long nights, cold weather and little sun Lord.

9 comments:

Steph said...

Oh your place looks so warm and inviting and so neat ! ;)
Enjoys the candles ! I love them too but havent lit once since Luke was crawling and could reach out and burn his fingers ! Both kids love blowing the candles out on cakes though ;)

Pris said...

Hi Steph! :) Thank You! Means a lot to me! I do spend quite a bit of my time keeping my place neat. But it does get messy VERY easily :) Shall enjoy my candles as long as I can!!! Or you and JC can light the candles when the kiddos are sleeping.

Steph said...

We might fall asleep and burn the house down ! ;)

Pris said...

Steph! You´re beyond hilarious lah!!!! Almost fell off my chair when I read your comment. There´s safety candles too...those that extinguish on their own?

NicoleRobin said...

it's a cosy place you have but have to be careful of the curtains and candles though :)

Pris said...

Thanks Chrish! We don´t burn them overnight...always only when we´re in the living room...heehe.

Anonymous said...

Pris... i love candles!! & i have not started to make my living room to a cosy & romantic like yours. Mine still dull and DARK hahaha.. will hunt candles @ ikea this weekend for sure. have you done your x'mas present?? I start this slowly. Dont' want to do last minute.. Take care.

Pris said...

Hi Manis! I enjoy reading your blog too! BUT I can´t seem to post comments on it! Have you disabled the comments session?

Just want to recommend a great site www.babyandbump.com You find great women there who don´t tell you want to do, because they are all facing similar challenges!

I go there to complain about my SUPER irregular cycles!!! And crappy doctors here who have no idea how to help.

Pris said...

And NO! I haven´t started my Christmas shopping. Should start real soon...but gotta wait til end of the month since our bank account is quite in the red, since spending over 500€ for new Lattenrost - bed support.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails