Friday, October 30, 2009

Seafood soup


Weather´s been cold lately and I´ve been running out of ideas of what types of soups to cook.

Hence, I took a used-and-tested fish soup recipe and added some prawns. Surprisingly, the prawns gave this soup such a flavourful taste that I only had to use 1 instead of 2 Knorr cubes.

I normally buy the "Ikan Bilis" cubes from Singapore and store it in my cupboard for use for seafood soup. Its supposed to be made from natural ingredients, but there´s still MSG there. Whatever. A bit of MSG can´t harm you.

So yeah, here´s some warm soup recipe for you:
Ingredients:-
- chopped garlic
- olive oil
- prawns with shells
- fish (I use frozen tilapia fish from Lidl)
- mushrooms (bottled)
- vegetables (either lettuce or some chinese vegetables)
- Ikan Bilis stock (I use 1 Knorr cube)

1) Using a pot, fry some garlic in oil.
2) Add in the prawns and fry until they are pink
3) Remove prawns from heat and cut off the heads
4) Add ikan bilis stock into the pot, together with the fish slices, vegetables and mushrooms
5) Cover pot and wait for it to boil
6) Once boiling, put the prawn heads into a sieve and lower the sieve into the pot
7) Close lid of pot and let it simmer for 5 minutes
8) Remove the prawn heads, taste the soup and season it accordingly (ie.salt, pepper etc).
9) Serve warm with steamed jasmine rice

That´s my 15-minutes soup recipe that I cook whenever I´m in need of warm comfort at home and don´t feel the urge to slave in front of the stove.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails