Friday, October 23, 2009

Higher taxes for the rich?


Source:DPA-the Local
Some wealthy Germans have launched a petition for a wealth tax of 5% to be imposed on the richest in the country (ie. those with annual incomes of more than 500,000€). This would provide the state with an amount of 100€ billion to bounce back from an economic crisis.

To read more, go here.

WOW! I personally find this so amazing and encouraging that people are willing to part with their money to aid those with less. Its such a biblical principle of redistribution of wealth. Now if only the government will take heed especially with such a huge government deficit.

"All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had..... There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles´ feet (they acted as administrators just like the government today), and it was distributed to anyone as he had need" Acts 4:32-35

2 comments:

irene said...

Hello Pris,

I typed the word Joy of the Lord in French and stumbled upon your blog. The colorful and happy photographs got me to pause and read...

It is indeed so beautiful to read and see young people come to faith and have God in their lives. I am 5yrs only in faith, and quite frankly my blog is not as cheerful, as it is a place for me to just express myself, and the only person who reads my blog is my first born... As a believer, i am not embarrassed to share this entry..." Suppressing the flesh can be liberating...", the others were written as an outlet and not exactly for public viewing...

Bless you where ever you are.....and the Lord is good all the time...

Pris said...

Hi Irene!
So nice of you to pop by and drop a message! I really enjoy hearing from my readers! And I popped by your blog too! You cook very well!!!

I read your blog post on "suppressing the flesh" and thought it was amazing that you could apply what you learnt in the Bible... Wow!

Cool... can keep in touch on blogs now...always great to have fellow Christian bloggers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails