Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Sweet and sour pork / chicken

I´m doing a stockcleaning of my digital photos.

That means I´m deleting whatever photos I think are unnecessary and classifying those that I think are important.

Deciding to take a look and see how my culinary skills have improved from non-existent to cooking-everyday, I created a food folder on my facebook account and was pleasantly surprised to see how many people have complimented my cooking and/or asked for recipes. :)

Not one to post recipes, for fear of taking up too much time, I thought, "Why not start now, since apparently there ARE people who are keen to learn how to cook".

Therefore, this is one recipe that has been requested for:- Enjoy.

Sweet and Sour Chicken

Ingredients A:
Chicken breast - I use 500 grams
2 tsp light soya sauce
2 tsp sherry (optional)
1cm fresh ginger, crushed (optional)

Ingredients B:
120grams water
60grams sugar
30grams vinegar
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp soya sauce
Tomato ketchup (Tomatenmark - quantity is variable.)
1 small tomato, cut into wedges

Other ingredients:
Garlic
Shallots
Egg
Green pepper
Red pepper
Yellow pepper
Mushrooms (optional, but I like mine with mushrooms)

1. Marinate chicken with ingredients A for at least 30 minutes.
2. Cut up chicken fillet into bite-sized pieces.
3. Put them in a freezer bag or any transparent bag.
4. Beat the egg and add it into the bag with the chicken.
5. Add enough cornflour to coat the chicken pieces - I add generously.
6. Hold the bag firmly and shake it well so that all the chicken pieces are coated.
7. Deep fry the chicken pieces in hot oil until golden brown and crispy. Set aside in heated oven, so that it remains warm
8. Fry chopped garlic, shallots in hot oil.
9. Add in the peppers and mushrooms.
10. Add mixed ingredients B to make the sauce.
11. Adjust for consistency. Add more water if you want more sauce. Or add corn starch if there´s too much liquid for your taste.
12. Season with salt and pepper
13. Pour it over the chicken pieces and garnish with spring onions.
(Hint: Only pour over the chicken pieces when you are ready to serve. You want your chicken to be crispy)
14. For an extra touch of Singaporean-ness, I like to serve this dish with an egg, sunny-side up

Guten Appetit! Let me know how yours turned out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, thanks for your comment on my blog.. Sorry I took so long to respond. I've not checked it for a couple of months. I'm in HH. You're in Stuttgart?

Pris said...

Hihi, Great to hear from you! No problem. I sorta forgot about that comment. Where´s HH? Is that Hamburg or Hannover? Oh that´s far from Stuttgart. Enjoying your life there? Are you on facebook?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails