Sunday, April 05, 2009

Our first week in Singapore.....

Left: The beautiful display at the new store in Takashimaya. Love the myriad of colours!

It´s been almost a week since I´ve been in Singapore. Tomorrow we´ll be leaving our house at the unearthly hour of 3am, to be at the airport at 4am, in order to catch our 6am flight to Bali. - Tell me about it.

Right: A shot with my lovely Jen! She´s a Pri-sch teacher now and I´m so happy that the relationship has been maintained throughout the distance.

Anyway, I´ve been too tired to blog lately. We were battling jet-lag over the last week and kept waking up in the middle of the night. It didn´t help that our place is in-between 2 houses that are under construction, which meant that we had automatic alarm clocks (sounds of drilling) at 8 -9am. Ahhh....

So, we´re really looking forward to Bali to have some peace and quiet and just to relax. Here are some snapshots of what we have been up to.....Our next post will be about Bali in a week´s time.

Meeting up with Joyce over lunch. She came to visit us in Germany in 2007. That was before I rebonded my hair.

Lovely Vietnamese Pho, where we actually left our camera! We were so relieved that nobody took it and they kept it for us! For that, they deserve our advertisement! Vietinn Restaurant

Meeting up with the family for local specialities. Its opened by the father of my ex-churchmate and boy, the food is fantastic! Hooked on heads....
Meeting up with my sister and her boyfriend, Don over super yummlicious Dim Sum! At Taka. Had a very enjoyable time with both of them and they are both foodies! Which was cool, because I got to taste all the delicious tim sum with them, which is a treat when I´m married to a non-Chinese..... You´ve got to be Chinese to enjoy the typically "Chinesey" stuff.....

Snapshots of Swiss Hotel where Jen and H.Y. treated us to buffet, plus last-but-not-least table soccer! :) So fun! That´s Jacob in the picture. Stephan is the best player in the family so far, but he says that when his Dad is here, his Dad will show him who´s the boss. Notice my new rebonded hair?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails