Saturday, April 26, 2008

Comfort foodies

I´m feeling much better today. Decided that its part and parcel of life to always have a black sheep no matter where I am. I shall simply explain and clarify matters when I see the class on Tuesday. Nevertheless, I´m glad for my manager´s vote of confidence in me that she didn´t believe that I would teach wrongly. She also mentioned that students always talk about all sorts of things - so I´m sure this is definitely not the first rumour she´s heard about anybody.

I hardly have time to cook these days, since I work late 3 times a week (twice in WSI and once in VHS). So whenever I have time to cook anything, it would be over the weekend. I was really 110% pleased with the above meal - chinese-styled fish with ginger, spring onion plus fish stock, garlic prawns with olive oil and stir-fried al-dente broccoli.....yummy!

Soup comfort when my throat wasn´t feeling too good.....

Chicken soup with carrots, ikan bilis, dried shrimps, all sorts of various "western" vegetables cooked the Chinese way

Lotus root soup with pork ribs , peanuts and red dates

Vietnamese beef Pho - more of a success this time, but I honestly feel that a bit of Knorr beef stock really makes it taste just like in a restaurant!


My first-ever Yong Tao fu - real fish meat seasoned and wrapped in bean curd skin. Stephan liked it too! Amazing! Honest opinion - it tastes just like fish cake with salted bean sauce. The texture of the fish wasn´t fantastic either. If I´m lazy, I´ll substitute it with fish cake.

Always a quick comfort food - fried bee hoon with luncheon meat, eggs & mushrooms

2 comments:

Cory said...

Hey Pris,

Just a small recipe to share about luncheon meat -> Liebekaese taste almost like our beloved luncheon meat in Singapore! Cut it into small slices and fry it and you will know what I mean! :-P

Pris said...

Hey Cory! Thanks for the recommendation! =)I haven´t tried Leberkase yet (heehee, its Leber not Liebe....that´s like love cheese!) Frühstücksfleisch taste similar too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails