Monday, December 10, 2007

Let the creative juices flow......

Left: That´s what Stephan left on my table on St. Nicholas Day. Apparently its a tradition that children get sweets in their shoes. I thought it was so sweet! Except that I can´t eat the chocs! My throat hasn´t been really good these days. I´ve been MIA, as you can see from my blog. Reason being that I´ve been doing all sorts of fun Christmas stuff! Boy, I´m like metamorphosizing to a stay-home wife! Firstly, I´ve been baking all sorts of stuff! Getting inspiration from my friend´s blog, I´ve baked tartlets, cookies and muffins - all in two weeks....poor Stephan, he´s been eating all these butter-loaded goodies. Of course, I share my joy by giving them away to friends. Ok, I shall post my long-awaited photos! Enjoy!

Banana walnut muffins with Cappucino - superb for a cold winter


Lime Tartlets (even though Stephan says it doesn´t taste much of lime, but the tarts were yummy!)


Mountain of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, thanks to the incredibly huge portion from the recipe


Also, I went shopping at Ikea with my german friend, Anja to decorate my house! Since I´ll be having a birthday party and a Christmas party at my place, Stephan and I decided that it would be a good idea to get a Christmas tree (we didn´t have any last year) and also invest in some start-up Christmas decoration. I´m so thankful for the help I got, Anja is like so super gifted in decoration. My living room is decorated in shades of blue, silver and green now. I like it when a place has a colour theme so that things look like they belong there and not all funny shades of colour all over the place.

The lovely centrepiece on my dining table

My mini-trees on the window panel, those ribbons are meant for the hair actually

My Christmas tree! Its real BTW. That´s why I have a pot. Its been up since 1st Dec. A compromise btw Stephan and I, since ppl in Germany put up their trees on the 24th and ppl in Singapore put them up end of Nov.


This hanging twig is real too. Anja came up with the idea of making my place look dreamy, like a white Christmas....so what do you think?


What else - hmmm, I went for my first-ever pyjama party last week too. One of our friends turned 22 (young, I know...) and he decided to have a pyjama party! It was really funny seeing the youths in their sleepwear. Stephan really wore his pyjamas...that´s one thing that I really like about germans, they are very "gung-ho" to wear stuff according to the themes.....

Oh and to top off the whole thing, I hand-made my own Christmas cards this year. It just started off with me buying some nice paper (to save money, cards here are like 1 or 2€ each, and if I send overseas, I´d be forking out 3 to 4€ per card?!). Anyways, ya I had some paper and bought some silver stickers to decorate. Ended up with 20 cards in different styles and colours...so cool! Alrighty, I still haven´t started writing any cards yet....still not sure if I wanna send the cards to Singapore or the easier way, send the cards to ppl in Germany and e-cards to the ppl in Singapore? A bit mean lah..... but hey, I don´t get many cards from Singapore either ok......



Hand-made cards.... any orders?

Yup! What do you think? Am I a creative person? I took a D-I-S-C test before and being a high "I" person - which means initiative, people-oriented, popular, I should be quite creative actually...I guess my studies in Accountancy wasn´t the best decision eh....Stephan´s mentor was pretty shocked when he found out that I studied Accountancy cos he could tell that I was a high "I" person....What on earth do "I" people do actually?

2 comments:

Cory said...

Wow Pris, I loved those oatmeal Choc chip cookies! I have problem finding them when I was in Munich. Yummy! I wanna stay next to you if I ever have the chance to stay in Germany again! :-)

Season's Greetings from Singapore!

Pris said...

Dear Cory! =) I´m gonna make two batches of the cookies, cos Stephan ate quite a lot of it and thought I would make some for his office ppl for Christmas. OH geez. Sure Sure! You can stay with me the next time you come to Germany! So nice that u leave comments on my blog! Really appreciated! Frohe Weihnachten von Deutschland too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails