Thursday, November 09, 2006

Things to give thanks to GOD for...

I´ve been having a sense that God wants me to thank Him for things that He has done in my life but that I have not appreciated Him for.... mainly cos I get into bouts of focussing on negative things like my inadequacies, my non-proficiency in german usw. I think somewhere in the Bible says something like "Give thanks to God in ALL circumstances for this good and pleasing to the Lord"... yup, so in case I forget, I shall start my list of things that I want to thank God for........

1) My kitchen is ready! It has taken about 8 whole weeks from the time of ordering, to setting it up... But yup! Its finally ready...thanks to my dear Beanie and Werner who spent countless hours doing it up in different phases......

After hours of sloggin in the kitchen, in which they cut the top shelf from scratch,

Wala! My completed kitchen! Plus, all my sauces arrived safe and sound from Singapore! Praise God! Will just need to pray that the sauces will last me until I go back Singapore to replenish!

2) Our bed is ready!

Stephan and I were sleeping on separate mattresses when we first moved into our new place.... we bought our bed in the second month and Stephan had to built it up himself, since the frame of the bed and mattresses came separately. We bought good mattresses, not as branded as Tempur (which is the brand of my pillow), but something similar. Stephan and I would like to buy the Tempur mattress in the future (a tempur mattress cost about S$4,000). We are going to buy identical bedsheets, but haven´t gotten down to doing that yet... perhaps next month
( to spread out our expenses) .

3) Our lovely bathroom furniture
We had this the earliest of all our new furniture. I have always wanted to take a pix of this, however the light spoilt about 1 week after we bought it. Hence, Werner and Stephan were trying to figure out what went wrong and it turned out that the bulb simply wasn´t working. So after our last Saturday´s trip to Ikea, Stephan got it fixed and its working now! Yup, we were bathing in the dark for the past few weeks.

Yup, so in short, our place is beginning to look really homely now!

4 comments:

Puppy, Ratty and Snakey's Multitasking Dream Brew said...

Lovely. The place is slowly becoming a beautiful home. Nice to have a handyman in the house. I'm still waiting for my Ikea wardrobes hahaha

Anonymous said...

hey pris! glad to see that your house has become a home! and your fried wanton look absolutely delish! =)

Pris said...

Hihi! How´s yr place coming along? Have u finished the unpacking already? We´re done with the unpacking, but still need to decorate different parts of the hse... like slowly.... Yr hubby´s a handyman too rite?

Pris said...

Hi dear june! =) Hee, first time I´m hearing a new word "delish" hahah. How haf u been? Thanks for your encouragement abt my place!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails