Friday, August 25, 2006

I´m in Deutschland now....

Harlow! Finally I got into the website, there was a technical problem for a long time. Have been in Germany for the past 3 days and the weather is really good! hee hee, only 16 degrees.... so nice.... In my in-laws place now using the internet, cos my internet is not going to be ready until end of next week. Will post pictures then.....

My house is really nice, very new and nicely-renovated. However, we do not have a kitchen and we have already gone to the furniture store to get one custom-made. The kitchen will only come in about 5-6 weeks and we will get a temporary one for the time being. However, the lady at the store has not called us to collect the temporary kitchen yet, so we will still have no kitchen.... ahhh! Other than that, our toilet is really nice, that is the nicest place in the house, in terms of how ready the room is. Our bedroom has a really nice cupboard but we are lacking a bed... still looking for one....

We got 3 young plants that we have placed at the window of our living room and that is really nice, cos it sorta symbolises a new beginning for us in Germany. For myself, Im trying to adjust to the fact that everybody speaks german in germany... duh! But, yeah, it takes quite a bit to get used to. Sometimes, my mind just shuts down, cos don´t seem to catch what people are saying if they talk to fast, or my vocabulary is just not there yet.

Good news is that I do NOT have take a driving licence again in germany as Singapore´s licence is recognized here. Yeah! At first, the lady at the townhall told me and Stephan that I would have to learn everything all over again and that would mean about another $2,000 to spend, but one minute later another lady came over and she said that Singapore falls under the éxception´ country. So happy, but honestly, I don´t trust myself to drive on german roads after 3 years of not driving much in Singapore... plus people drive on the other side of the road here and yes, german drivers drive really fast! Stephan´s dad, Werner drove about 200km/h on our way back from Frankfurt to Stuttgart...... hee

Yupz, my in-laws are reading me now as I´m typing this, so I´m gonna write really good stuff about them... hahaha. My mother-in-law Anita is really such an amazing person! She cleaned up our entire appartment b4 we came to germany and everything is so spick and span! Wow! I was so amazed at how white the toilet looked until Stephan told me that Anita actually spent 2 hours cleaning up just the toilet alone..... oh man.... plus all the furniture in the house, u know how u don`t dare to put your clothes in furniture that has not been cleaned? Anita cleaned all the drawers and everything inside the furniture... talk about amazing in-laws! I think I`m the happiest daughter-in-law in the world..... except for the fact that I may not understand everything that they say over the dinner table... hahahah.

Ok, will post pictures the next time... Love u guys.... miss u all lots .... u are always in my thoughts and my heart.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hi there! Glad to know you arrived safely and you're being SO welcomed by your in-laws! Hope you get a kitchen soon though...

We prayed for you and stephan at cell on friday. Really miss your presence with us. There were only 5 of us at cell!!

The weather sounds great! Ryan is still not quite used to how hot it is here. So we're constantly avoiding the outdoors :P

Can't wait to see pics of ur new place!

Pris said...

Hi dear steph! Left a msg on yr blog! Heehee, miss u all at cell! We don´t have cell till 19 sept, everybody is away! so sad.... but yeah, that is a good time for me to settle in also.... will definitely post pix soon! Think cold weather easily to adapt to compared to warm weather...love ya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails