Saturday, May 01, 2021

My experience with Covid-19




I got covid. 

I'm 38 with no prior health issues except for hypothyroidism for which I take a low dosage of thyroid medication. 

I've past the 1 month mark since I got covid and have recovered except for a lingering cough which I've had since February 2020, no thanks to pollen allergies. I went to the ENT doctor, she took a look at my throat and prescribed me 2 nasal sprays for which I should take consistently for the next 5 weeks. 

I'm sure you have lots of questions, so I shall attempt to answer each one. 

--------------

Q: How did it all started? 

I have no idea really. I am a housewife to 4 young kids and we've been having a lockdown for 3 months prior to me developing covid. If there is anybody with minimal social contact, it would be me. None of my 4 children fell sick nor had any symptoms so I'm pretty sure I didn't get it from them either. 


Q: What were your symptoms like? How long did it last? 

It all started with a weird muscle ache of sorts. Every muscle and ligament in my body would hurt. I remember thinking that I felt like an 80-year old woman. For me, it starting hurting somewhere around my breastbone and eventually spread all the way to the base of my spine. I tried massaging it but the soreness never went away. 

Saturday night

A few days of that weird muscle ache later, I fell sick.

I had body chills when I went to bed. I was shivering but somehow never had a fever!  I just felt all weak, had muscle ache and was totally out of it. Sunday was spent with me in bed trying hard to recover before the new week started.

Monday

We're still in lockdown mode with no school and kindergarten for the 4 kids so I didn't have to worry about whether I should send the kids to school. I soldiered on by myself for the whole of Monday during which I felt better, but everything came back with a vengeance on Monday evening. 

I still didn't think much of it because it felt like a cold / flu of sorts and we had no contact with anybody who tested positive. My first thought of "Could it be covid?" was when I realised my 4 kids were so healthy and none of them had any signs of being ill! Usually when one person is sick in the family, it was only a matter of time that the others fell like dominos. But these time, my children were Energiser bunnies with no hint of runny nose or a cold! It was hard to keep them home!


Tuesday to Wednesday

I felt like I got run over by a bus. Devoid of all energy and just wanting to lie down under my sheets and sleep. But I couldn't right? I had to take care of 4 children aged between 2 and 9. My older two boys had to be coached in their homework and the husband wasn't home, so  I pretty much tried to hold the fort by myself.

During the day, I would lie down whenever I could, especially when the baby was sleeping and during the night I would shiver the whole time in bed. It felt like my body was trying to fight a bad virus but had a hard time regulating my body temperature. 


Thursday

The hub bought a quick test from Aldi because he was curious about whether I got covid. I took the first test awkwardly trying to insert the swab in my nose, which yielded only bloody mucus. Looked at the test and thought, "Yay, negative!" Left the test in the toilet and went to the kitchen. 

Out of curiosity, after a while, I went back to the washroom to check my test results and can you imagine the shock of my life when the negative result turned positive??! I was thinking to myself, "Is this what they mean by 'false positive'?" I read the instructions again and realised one has to wait for 15 mins before reading the result. I didn't wait the first time. 

Needless to say, I took a second test. This time, I just used my spit because I had phlegm all over my nose / throat anyway, I figured it didn't matter whether I used my nose or my phlegm. Lol. 

I was coughing a lot. My phlegm would have traces of blood in it. 

The second test was a very clear positive. The result came up almost immediately and it is the picture above. Argh. There began my 2 weeks quarantine. 

I eventually took a 3rd test from a different brand and that turned positive too. Truth be told, even if it weren't covid, I wouldn't have had enough strength to leave the house anyway. I didn't need a covid test  to tell me to stay at home. That was obvious. 



Q: Wow. How did you feel when you found that it was covid?


Tbh, the first feeling I felt was shock. Then shame. 

I've never felt shame for being sick before. Ever. But I did! For covid. 

I think after 1 year of media propaganda, one is so used to being blamed if you get covid and being a spreader. As if I could do anything about it! I abide by the rules and don't meet anybody beyond what was allowed. And even then, it would be barely once a week. I don't even know from whom I could have caught it from. 


Q: How did you started getting better? 

I reached out to a friend of mine, Holly from the U.S., who's a very strong advocate for health and taking charge of your own immune system. Her 18-year old son got covid himself and shook off the illness in a couple of days. I knew she would be able to help me. 

What followed was a lot of FB messenger exchange during which I asked her all my questions and she equipped me with all the information she got.  Here's what I took daily. 

- 10,000 mg vitamin C (that's pretty much 10 of high-dosage vitamin C pills)

- 10,000 IU of Vitamin D

- 200mg Zinc 


For the kids I gave them

- 2000 IU Vitamin D

- 500mg Vitamin C

- 50mg Zinc


This was the dosage I took / gave the kids when I had an active infection and knew that I was still contagious. During the course of 2 weeks, I gradually decreased my dosage because too much of vitamin C can give you tummy problems / diarrhoea. True enough, once I started getting better, my stomach starting rumbling and I knew that I had to go easy on vitamin C. The children had their vitamins C and D in gummy bears / chewable tablets and vitamin D comes in drops, so that was easy-peasy. 

I also bought an oximeter for the finger. I wanted to check my oxygen levels regularly to see that I have a healthy oxygen saturation. I never had any problems with this as my oxygen levels was often hovering at 97 / 98%. The internet says to go to the hospital / seek medical attention if your oxygen levels plummet to below 90%. In Germany, the official recommendation is to stay home and recover anyway. I didn't want to go to the hospital unnecessarily.



Q: How did the 2nd week go for you?

Better. I no longer felt knocked over by a bus, but I still felt weak. 

But at least I could get out of bed, prepare meals before sitting down again. During the second week though, a terrible brain fog settled on me. 

You know that feeling you get when you're hungover? It felt like that for me 24/7. I tried everything to get it under control. Drink more water. Sit on my balcony for fresh air. Take my vitamins consistently. But after reaching out to friends who've had first-hand experience of covid, I was told that I needed to be patient and give my body time to recover. 

I would be talking on the phone to my in-laws in German and realise that my brain could not function as it normally would. I would stop my sentence half-way and think, "What on earth am I supposed to say?" Even my cooking took twice as long because I could no longer multi-task and would have to focus on one task at a time. For a while, I finally understood what it must be like to be a guy! Lol. 

I simply wanted to get better and be on my 2 feet again. My husband was juggling working from home and trying to give the kids the attention they needed. It simply wasn't possible. During those 2 weeks, I often slept even with the ruckus going on outside because I needed the rest. 

With the brain fog, I watched a film a day so that I could practise concentrating on something. Everything else was too difficult. 

For 2 days, I also experienced the weirdest lost of taste and smell. I wouldn't say that I completely lost my sense of taste but the food I cooked tasted different! I had a metallic taste in my mouth and it felt like my tongue was scalded so everything tasted different after that. 

I remember cooking Singaporean hokkien noodles from Prima Taste (a pre-mixed packet) and asking my husband if the noodles tasted the same, to which he said, "yes". I wondered if the package had gone bad, cos I had to keep adding more chilli to taste something. I also couldn't smell the air when the neighbours were BBQing. Thank God it all resolved itself after 2 days. 

The best advice I got from a friend was to "Go easy on yourself and give yourself time to recover." I tried my darnest to take that advice as much as I could with 4 young kids and a hub that was going mad with having to work from home with young kids. 



Q: Wow, that sounded quite tough. How do you feel now? 

I feel really good! My stamina is pretty much back to normal and I have resumed pilates twice a week. I'm not tired anymore. I'm just hoping and praying that my cough will clear soon. If its pollen allergies, usually it clears by summer time. 


Q. Would you take the vaccine? 

No. Never. No way. Ever. 

Our God-given natural immune systems beats ANY vaccine hands down. Any. And I'm definitely not allowing any mRNA to be injected into my veins. Ever. And not for a virus with a 99.7% recovery rate. Also, once a person has beat covid, the body is more equipped to beat any covid variations, ie. covid-20, covid-21... 

I'm not against anybody who wants to go for the vaccine. Everybody should have the right to decide for themselves. But I'm against discrimination against people who exercise their freewill not to be vaccinated with an experimental mRNA vaccine too. This mRNA vaccine doesn't prevent infection and doesn't give immunity. One has to take a booster every 6 months and only God knows what mRNA really does to the DNA of a body.

The hub has a client who's an untertaker. She hasn't seen any "increase in business" because of covid. There is no excess deaths in 2021 and even less deaths for the same period compared to 2020. Ie. There's no boom in her business. Her fellow undertaker partners say the same thing! No excess deaths. 

She said she's never buried a single covid patient who died. On the contrary, she's buried 2 people who have died 4 days after the vaccine, but it was never reported in the news. She's speaking from personal experience. She even knows one case when the hospital classified the death of a person as "covid" even though the guy tested positive for covid 6 weeks before he died! He was very much covid-negative by the time he died. This is because the hospital gets reimbursed more money for a covid death. 


Q. Have you got tested for covid antibodies?

As a matter of fact, I have! I just got confirmation that it's positive! My result was 579 when you only need 33.8 for a positive test. I'm over the moon! Now my next quest to see if I can donate my blood plasma. 




Q: Is there any advice you can give? 

Yes. In the words of Trump, "Don't let covid dominate your life". 

The fear of covid is worse than covid itself. I do believe there are some healthy people who have died or have had long-lasting consequences of covid itself. But, an overwhelming majority of people (99.7%) will recover from this illness with no issues. 

I'm Christian. I truly believe in the true and living Lord Jesus Christ. I believe the bible is real and the anchor of my life. All the days of our lives the Lord will fulfill. Worrying will not add to a single day of my life. God holds us in the palms of His hands. My trust is in God and God alone. I will not be a pawn of politics. I will not give in to fear. My authority lies in the word of God, not what mainstream media tells me. I understand what fear is. I truly do. Having gone through covid, I know what it was thinking if things would take a turn for the worse and I may not live to see my kids grow up. BUT I chose not to give in to fear. In my haze and half mental state, I remember telling God, "I want to live for Him! I want to recover! If God is for me, who can be against me??? He is FOR ME!!" I believe each of us are given a dosage of FAITH. Will we choose to have faith in God or give in to fear? Faith in a God who has overcome death?? Who knows our every thought, emotion, fear and hope?? God knows us!! He knows our inner being, the number of hairs on our head. God will not leave us in the pit of fear and hopelessness. Fear is not from God. God gives us power, love and a sound mind. 


Covid is real. People will get it. People WILL recover. God will never leave us nor forsake us. We are all called to be a good stewards of our bodies. Let's treat our bodies well. Let's eat well, exercise, sleep well, turn off fear-mongering news, open our Bible and seek God with all our hearts. God is close to the broken hearted and the fearful. The devil is having a whale of a time, watching the world paralysed in fear. I trust in my God-given immune system than a man-made experimental "vaccine". I don't believe in a quick fix. A vaccine will not fix covid. But God will. We do our part in fixing our bodies and allow God to do the part to protect us and bring us to the other side of post-covid. 





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails