Now that my hands (and feet) are tied with two little ones, I know the importance of being able to churn out dinner with no time at all.
I used to think that I was efficient with handling my household chores with one kid - until I got another one that is!
The body does adapt quickly though. Now that I'm into my 4th week of being alone with the two kids and Gabriel has turned 6 weeks old, I find myself slowly finding my rhythm in the daily grind of endless diaper changings and breastfeeding.
One of the challenges that remain is trying to figure out what food I can possible cook without having to stand at the stove or spend ages preparing.
This was when the idea of preparing salmon pesto pizza popped into my head.
I usually cook salmon in pasta, either with a cream-based or a tomato-based sauce. If I do it Asian, I make ourselves some Japanese teriyaki salmon with grilled vegetables.
Hence, salmon on pizza was a first for me.
Verdict? It was awesome! Took maybe 10 mins to prepare and that's it!
Sammy loved it and so did I. Hub is still more of a salami-and-ham pizza kinna guy, but this is still going straight into one of my must-have recipes.
- 400 grams Salmon (sliced)
- 200 grams fresh Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 can Pesto Rosso (Barilla brand)
- 1 sheet of ready-made Pizza dough
- Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Mozzarella Cheese / Pizza cheese
- Fresh Basil leaves
1. Prepare ingredients by slicing salmon and mushrooms
2. Spread pesto rosso on a sheet of ready-made pizza dough
3. Arrange a layer of fresh mushrooms followed by salmon.
4. Season with Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
5. Top off generously with pizza cheese. Bake at 200 degrees celsius for about 20 minutes (follow the instructions on the pizza dough packet).
6. Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving. Enjoy!
|The Pesto Rosso I used|