Saturday, May 18, 2013

Honey garlic pork chops


I think I've officialy started nesting. That's the phase when a pregnant lady starts to prepare her home for the upcoming new addition. 

Hubby and I have been spending some time on weekends trying to create more space in Sammy's room. This includes, but is not limited to, clearing out unwanted books / belongings by either discarding them or storing them into those huge Ikea transparent boxes.

We're also facing another flood of decision-making like whether or not we should get a double stroller or even get a bigger car for myself (since my current one is a two-door car with a very small truck space) etc. 

I've settled into such a nice routine with Sammy - with our playdates, social appointments, my housework and cooking. Sammy is also old enough for me to feed him whatever we eat and he doesn't grumble if dinner takes longer to be cooked.

However, I know that we would face another stage of adjustment with a second young one in the family, so in preparation for that, I have started to look out for easier recipes to cook at home.

After seeing this on my friend's blog, I made a mental note to try it out at some point in time. The original recipe is here, but I twiged it to metric measurements because I don't have the U.S. cup system at home.

This recipe is A.W.E.S.O.M.E! We simply marinated the meat the night before, left it in the fridge overnight and grilled it for lunch the next day.

A note of caution though. Our meat was charred quite a bit because we were quite "generous" with the grilling time. However, because the ingredients consist of honey, one should cut down the amount of time of grilling to avoid having too much charred parts.

Having said that, the pork chops still tasted amazing and we're definitely going to revisit this recipe soon!

Ingredients:-

- 8 pork chops
- 200 grams honey
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped (1 clove garlic / pork chop)

1. Whisk the honey, soy sauce and garlic together. Marinate the pork chops in this mixture overnight.

2. Grill chops over high heat, basting the chops with the remaining marinate mixture.

3. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and vegetables. I opted for frozen mixed vegetables which I boiled for a while with the potatoes.

That's it! :) I'm confident that we would be able to handle this recipe with 2 little kiddos! 

Oh this recipe supposedly works well by baking the pork chops together with the marinade in an oven. I haven't tried this method yet, but this would be even more fuss-free! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails