Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pregnancy #2 - 6 months


I'm past the 25 weeks mark and oh boy, do I look different compared to one month ago!

At my previous gynae visit, I even patted myself for gaining less weight compared to when I was pregnant with Sammy.

But somehow over the past 2 weeks, it's like baby had a growth spurt or something, cos now when my friends see me, they tell me that I have significantly "expanded"!

And true enough, when I had my gynae appointment yesterday, I realized that I gained 3 kg just in the past month! Eeks! That makes my total weight so far about 4.5kg compared to 8kg with Sammy.

Well, so far my pregnancy is progressing very well.

The only pregnancy symptom I have is that its becoming painful to sleep on my back because my lower back would have to bear the brunt of baby's weight. Hence, I try to sleep on my sides but then my arms would have to bear the brunt of my weight, which would result in achey arms / shoulders when I wake up.


I've also been making more frequent visits to the bathroom - especially at night, so that's not very convenient either. Oh, the joys of being pregnant!

Baby's been pretty active, so I've been feeling kicks quite often and hubby managed to feel some kicks through my belly too. Even though this is my second pregnancy, I still feel all mushy inside whenever I feel baby move!

A friend of mine gave birth recently and I went to visit her at the hospital. When I held her newborn in my arms, I simply can't imagine that in just 3 months' time I would be holding my own newborn in my arms!

I don't remember what's it like to have a newborn anymore! Babies grow up so fast that my memory of Sammy being a newborn seems so foggy by now! I'm attributing this to momnesia - the reason why women have more than one kid, cos one forgets about the labour pains!

After being on team yellow for a while, because my gynae couldn't make out the boy / girl parts, we finally found out yesterday that...


We're gonna have another BOY!


We're really excited about it because baby boy #2 would be such a great playmate for Sammy! And it would be so interesting to see if he looks just like his older brother or completely different! Plus we get to rewear all of Sammy's gorgeous baby clothes which he outgrew of wayyy too fast!


Ohhh baby has got chubby cheeks!

On a separate note, we're flying off to Singapore this coming Thursday! I'm sooo excited! It's been more than a year since we've been back and this time hubby will be staying the entire time. We'd be there for only 16 days but I'm grateful that I don't have to manage a 1.5-year old toddler on the plane by myself and be pregnant at the same time!

Compare to when I was pregnant with Sammy at 6 months.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails