Friday, June 22, 2012

Catching the fever

 
The European Cup is almost over and I'm already feeling the pinch of not wanting it to end. 

Before I came to Germany, I was never a soccer fan. The only time I started being more interested in soccer was in 2006 when the World Cup was in Germany and I was newly-married to a German guy. We watched the late night soccer matches and supported his national team from halfway across the globe. 

Yes so I admit, being married to a German guy and living in Germany has converted me to become a soccer fan. And now that I have a half-German, made-in-Germany baby, I've got more reason to cheer for the German team - which I must add, has been playing pretty well! :) 

One thing I really like about soccer is watching the passion of it all. The passion and dedication of the players to the sport. The passion of the soccer fans cheering their favourite team. The passion of people flying the flags of their teams on their cars. The passion of people updating their facebook statuses about how their teams fared. My passion of cooking dinner for 7 people so that we can watch football live from my living room with a baby.

I'm reminded that it's so important to be passionate. To a cause, a purpose, a person, a God. 

I want to be a passionate person. To my dear Lord. To my family. My cooking. My world around me. Help me Lord to be passionate and faithful about the little things in my everyday life. Even if that means the umpteenth time I have to clean up after my baby and keep my house in order. 

I'll leave you with a quote about passion.  

"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson


Catching the match with friends with a baby clad in German national colours
Home-made pizza with rucola mixed salad and antipasti. Quick and easy before the match starts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I enjoy looking at your blog and reading about your adaptation to Germany! :) I have some personal questions and was hoping you could help! I sent an email to you last week:) I hope you can find the time to take a look and reply!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails