Sunday, March 11, 2012
Pasta Aglio Olio with Langoustine
We went to Strasbourg a few weeks ago and I chanced upon some lovely Langoustine in a French supermarket. I couldn't resist the vision of churning up some garlic, rucola and seafood goodness in my kitchen, so this is my little super easy concoction for our Sunday lunch / brunch.
- Some Langoustine
- A lot of Garlic, chopped
- Olive oil
- Tomatoes, diced
- Fresh rucola leaves
- Dried chilli flakes
- Thin pasta, preferably Linguine or Spaghetti
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet's instructions
2. While the pasta is cooking, fry the garlic in some olive oil until fragrant
3. Add in the langoustine and toss it with the garlic for 2 mins
4. Add in the diced tomatoes. Toss.
5. Arrange pasta and the rest of the ingredients in a pasta bowl.
6. Garnish with rucola leaves and sprinkle some chilli flakes over pasta. Serve hot.
(I added in some smoked salmon since I had it as leftover. It gave the pasta a stronger seafood taste)