Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Singapore 2011 part 1 - High Tea with my girly bunch / 26 weeks preggy

Ok, I know that I've been neglecting my blog. But I'm all ready to resuscitate it again! :)

Whenever I visit Singapore, my time is always so constrained and everything seems to happen in such a whirlwind that I find myself barely having time to catch my breath.

This is also why we tend to go for a short getaway so that we can have undisturbed couple time for each other. And I don't feel the constant need to check my Facebook or fill up my free time with appointments with friends.

Don't get me wrong. I love meeting up with friends, especially since I only get to see them once a year but its the rush that I don't like. I was only in Singapore for 2.5 weeks so everything had to take place in that short span of time. I started catching up with friends even in the first few days. That meant that I was jet-lagging through my first few meet-ups.

And how on earth do you catch up with friends in 2 hours after not seeing them for a year? Hence, I'm always grateful and thankful for friends who actually take the time to read my blog / facebook on a regular basis. :)

You'll notice that all my meet-ups are over food. Yup, food and shopping are the top two pastimes in Singapore.

My girly bunch, consisting of Jennifer, Charissa and Andrea are my closest girly pals who grew up together with me. I know all of them for more than 10 years and its been such a blessing to journey through life -  adolescence, courtship, marriage and now pregnancy with them.
We had buffet high tea at Pan Pacific Orchard which was having a 3-for-2 promotion with Citibank (3 customers pay the price of 2). Many credit cards have tie-ups with hotels such that customers are entitled to special promotions if they pay using these credit cards at specified hotels.

The food was amazing! They offered a variety of local / Malaysian specialities as well as a western selection of desserts that included a chocolate fountain and crepes. 
 
Look at the amount of food we shared among ourselves!  I was quite proud of myself though. I tried everything but didn't overeat, so I didn't have indigestion after that.
In front of the massive ION Orchard (one of the many gigantic shopping malls that mushroomed along Orchard Road over the past few years). That's Jennifer, who's a teacher just like me. But unlike me who teach adults, she teaches primary school kids.
  That's Charissa who's an SIA air-stewardess. Its funny that we took photos in front of Lido (a cinema) because this used to one of our regular hangouts as teenagers.
 An individual shot of myself at almost 26 weeks pregnant. Everything I was wearing was bought from Singapore. Nice maternity wear, isn't it?
A close-up shot of the 3 of us. Our 4th friend, Andrea later was in the U.S. when we first met up

Pan Pacific Orchard Hotel 
10 Claymore Road, Singapore 229540
Buffet link here

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails