This is an Asian version of the French toast. Except that it tastes even better!!! And is a full meal in itself!
Hubby loves it so much that I can't believe that in our 5 years of marriage, I've made it like only twice??? He insists that I should make it way more often - to my sheer delight because it tastes so authentic and takes only 15mins of preparation time!
You'll understand soon enough why this recipe is definitely going to be one of my "hunger-pangs-SOS-meals"!
- 200 grams Minced Meat
- A medium-sized French Baguette
- 6 Eggs
- 1 big Onion (chopped)
- 1 green Chilli (chopped)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 5 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
1. Heat up oil in a pan and stir fry minced beef. Season with salt and pepper. Leave aside.
2. Whisk eggs and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add in the minced beef, chopped onions and chilli slices. Mix well.
3. Heat up some oil on a pan, ensuring that the pan is hot enough.
4. Halve the baguettes. Pour the egg mixture on one side of the sliced baguette and place baguette with beef mixture down on the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on high heat until done.
5. Serve with the tomato sauce dressing and fresh salad as a side.