I first saw it at my Jap friend's place, when she whipped up a quick dinner for my impromptu visit. Since then, I have been cooking it whenever we have only 15mins to spare for preparation and cooking altogether.
Its beyond tasty and I'm absolutely sure that you will love it too!!!!
- 250grams bacon (be sure to get bacon. You need the fat content)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4-5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 medium-sized shallot (chopped)
- 2 dried chillies
- Olive oil
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes (chopped)
- 220 grams spaghetti
1. Heat up some olive oil in a wok.
2. Turn the heat down to medium and add the 2 dried chillies. Keep the heat on for about 5 -10 minutes to allow the oil to absorb the taste of the chillies.
3. In the meantime, cook about 220 grams of spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet
4. Fry the garlic and shallots in the hot oil, together with the chillies.
5. Add the bacon pieces. Fry for 2 minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes. Fry.
7. Drain the spaghetti and toss it with the ingredients in the pan.
7. Season with lots of pepper and parmesan cheese.
8. Serve hot. Enjoy!