Sunday, September 26, 2010

Salmon-Spinach-Cream Rolls

We have to prepare finger food quite often. Once a month we have a church leaders' meeting. Once every few months we have a regional cell group when all the cell groups get together for a XXL-cell group in the entire region. Whenever someone celebrates a birthday or has a get-together, its usual protocol to bring some finger food, salad or dessert.

For someone from Singapore who had zero idea of what or how to cook, these "please bring something to the party" words would use to terrify me. While I'm quite capable of cooking warm meals, finger food that doesn't have to be kept warm is another issue altogether. I used to wonder what can one eat that would be filling enough for dinner but still doesn't require to be heated up - and doesn't need to be served on a plate?

Most people bring some form of bread topped with cheese or ham or just butter. However, the Asian in me craves for something more delicious or just more appetizing. So yeah, you can say that I do cause myself more trouble when I'm more picky about what I eat.

However, every cloud has a silver lining. The efforts I put into researching on great food usually pays off and people tend to ask me for my recipes whenever I bring my little contribution to these gatherings.

I must proudly say that the following recipe is German! Yup! I got it from a German website, here. However, for the sake of my non-German-speaking readers, I have taken the liberty to translate it for you. The recipe is idiot-proof, mouth-watering and healthy!


- 4 Eggs

- 200grams Mozzarella Cheese

- 250grams Frozen Rahm Spinach (Spinach with cream)

- 200grams double cream fresh cheese (Doppelrahmfrischkäse)

- 1 Packet of Smoked Salmon

1. Half-thaw the rahm spinach only enough until you can mix it with the rest of the ingredients. Heat oven to 180 degrees.

2. Mix eggs, 100grams of mozarella cheese and thawed spinach together. Put baking paper on a baking tray. Spread the mixture on the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.

3. Remove the baking tray and spread the remaining 100grams of mozarella cheese. Bake for a further 5 minutes in the oven. Remove the tray from the oven and let it cool.

4. Spread the fresh cheese on the cooled spinach layer. Put the salmon pieces on top of the fresh cheese.

5. Carefully roll the entire thing into a tight roll. Wrap it in clear foil and let it cool in the refrigerator.

6. Before you serve, cut it into thin slices. Enjoy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails