Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hubby´s first "real" dish.... Just for Me!

Sorry for the long absence.

Last week was simply über physically and emotionally draining for me. I had quite a bit of work and I wasn´t feeling well (still not feeling better, but at least I´m going to the doc. tomorrow).

I´ve been on this hormonal medication to treat some female issues I have and this is the first time that a medication is giving me more problems than without the medication! Although the doctor did warn me about the side effects, I didn´t expect it to be sooo bad!

I don´t really have a choice about whether or not to take it, since my body apparently needs it. But, oh man! Since taking the medication, I´ve constantly been nauseous, having horrible migraine-like headaches and all sorts of gastrointestinal problems. Apparently the body needs to get used to the medication and at some point in time the side effects would wear off. Until then, one just to grit one´s teeth and bear it.

Not having any energy left from work and being sick, my hubby has had to do the cooking. So at my persuasion (nagging), he went to the supermarket yesterday and surprised me with this amazing Rucola - beef steak - Mozarella Cheese -and cherry Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinegar Salad!

It tasted heavenly and more so because it was made by my hubby and yours truly didn´t have to lift a finger for it! Oh boy, the pleasure of having a home-cooked meal without having to think of what to cook yourself is A.W.E.S.O.M.E! I´m beginning to realize how much my hubby must enjoy coming home from a hard-day´s work to my cooking!

This is the first time that the hubby actually cooked something and not just heated a pre-made dish in the oven / in a pan. I´m hoping its not the last!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! He can cook for The Old Geezer anytime he wants to.

Sabrina said...

Aaaaawww... so proud of my bro!! :) Looks yummy! x

Pris said...

Hey Ron - Its actually just salad with grilled beef! Real simple! :) hah, If you were our neighbour, we could invite you over for a meal!

Pris said...

Hey Jie Jie!
Yah! You should be proud of your bro! It was awesome! :)

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Pris, hope you'll get better.

And that simple dish looked awesome under Beanie's decoration!

Pris said...

Hey dear Serene!
Thanks. I´m enjoying my time at home, so that´s nice. :) Guess what? I did the decoration with the balsamic vinegar! hahahah!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails