After my successful East-meets-west pork chops, I decided to try the same meat again, but this time with a different sauce. So what better way to grill pork than to use red wine! Hence, pork chops with red wine sauce it was. The verdict, "It tastes just like that in a restaurant!" claims my hubby.
Pork Chops with red wine sauce
- 700 grams Pork Chops (Schweinkotelett mit Knochen)
- Spring Onions, cut into thick strips
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 200grams Meat Stock
- 200 grams Red Wine
- 250 grams brown Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
1. Put the fries in the oven first, as they take about 15-20mins.
2. Fry the garlic and shallot in hot oil for 2-3 mins ensuring that they do not burn.
3. Add the brown mushrooms and fry for 2-3mins.
4. Add the meat stock and red wine.
5. Let everything simmer until the sauce is reduced to 1/3 of its original volume.
6. In the meantime, grill the pork chops over a heavy iron grill pan
7. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper
8. Garnish with spring onions and cherry tomatoes.
9. Add some corn starch for a thicker sauce.
(But I don´t know if its a big no-no to Western cuisine?!?)
10. Pour the sauce over the pork chops and serve them with French fries and salad.