How was your Christmas? Mine was awesome! Had 3 guests over from Singapore and everyday was lovely! Went to the Christmas markets, ate a lot, opened a lot of presents.... can´t believe the week just passed like that! I have lots of photos to process, so before that, here´s a superb recipe for cookies! Easy as pie, chewy and delicious. Only tedious part is perhaps the rolling of the dough into balls.
How do you like the 2 shots? Belinda taught me how to use the macro function on my camera - focussing on the foreground and blurring the background. It´s so fun and the photos turn out so artistic that I´m definitely going to experiment with it more often.
This recipe yields around 150 medium-sized cookies. Great to wrap in transparent bags as small gifts or just to eat it yourself!
- 500 grams softened butter
- 225 grams castor sugar
- 400 grams brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 500grams flour
- 400 grams blended Oatmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Chocolate bits from normal chocolate
1) Cream butter and 2 sugars. Pay attention not to make it too dry. Mixture should still be a bit wet and sticky.
2) Add the rest of the ingredients
3) Roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet
4) Bake 10-15 mins at 180 degrees
I made 3 different types - Raisins, Chocolates, Raisins and Chocolates together. My fave has got to be the last one.