Saturday, August 15, 2009

Crispy seafood Chow Mein

I had a sudden craving for crispy noodles and decided to check online to see how people cook it. Since hubby is a fan of this dish and we don´t get it here, we decided to spend a quiet Sat evening at home. Turns out that its not very much different from cooking seafood hor fun. Just that the noodles have to deep fried. That was the time-consuming part.

I didn´t have chow mein noodles, so I used normal spaghetti with some egg content.
Above: That´s the process of preparing home-made chow mein noodles. Heating up oil (at least 1/3 of the wok), placing the noodles in the oil and enduring through lots of perspiration in the kitchen.... I´m so warm, I had to minimize my clothing as much as I could.
The additional preparation. I just threw in whatever vegetables I had, carrots, broccoli, onions, garlic, zucchini, chicken, prawns, sotong. To minimise cooking time, I soaked the "hard" vegetables like carrots and broccoli in the home-made chicken stock for 1-2 mins too. Seasoned with soya sauce, pepper. Left out oyster sauce, sugar and salt (from recipe) because I wanted to make this dish as healthy as possible. Besides the chicken stock was tasty enough.

VoilĂ , it looked and tasted like the real thing!

Oh did I mention that hubby bought me a new cellphone today? More about that later!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails