Monday, August 03, 2009

Alles Gute zum 40. Hochzeitstag!

My parents-in-law celebrated their 40(!!!) wedding anniversary last Saturday! Woo-hoo. Amazing eh? 40 years! My beanie and I aren´t even married for 4 years yet. It was a simple, private affair with great German food at this really cool restaurant in Hotel Krauthof.

We are so inspired to be in this family where we know that both of them respect and love each other so much. Its heart-warming to see that things DO get better after so many years of marriage. Both of them complement each other so well....awesome.
Al-fresco dining.....

That´s me getting both of them to do their "say cheese" smiles!"

Yup, its always meat galore whenever its German food...I got the mixed grill platter and oh boy, it was sooo much meat I could hardly finish! Packed it away eventually.

We had dinner at the restaurant, walked around the town area in Ludwigsburg and ended off a relaxing evening on the balcony at their place, sipping sparkling wine over candlelight, talking and laughing over the highlights and "lowlights" (Werner´s invention) of their 40 years of marriage. :) Wouldn´t know of a better way to celebrate this memorable event. Intimate and meaningful.

And while we´re at that, this is Werner´s collection of little cars and trucks, which he got by hiking or taking part in various events. He recently renovated the walkway in his house so that he´s able to showcase his collection in a pretty display cupboard where everybody who walks in would go "oooh and ahhh".

Its still important to pursue one´s hobbies even when one is married. That´s why I´m blogging all the time! hahah....gives me an intellectual outlet to exercise my brain instead of the usual elementary grammar stuff that I face in my job....

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Wonder if I'll ever be around for things like this... :(

Pris said...

Ohhh, we missed you! I know how you feel.... I´m hardly around in Singapore for the special stuff... :( Gotta treasure those precious times!

Wow..40 Years of Marriage! said...

Remembering Silver Wedding Anniversary being celebrated in Xiamen, China....had seafood dinner; went for foot massage ; walked around the beautiful river and sipped an icy cool fusion fruit punch...

It was a day, most treasured as my partner was already in the advanced stage of cancer...Thank God that he has provided all the necessary arrangement to enable us to glorify God for his goodness and mercy in all those years of joy, tears, laughter, sadness, victories and defeat, health and illnesses...

May God continue to bless you boutifully my dear Werner and Anita. Sweeter as the years go by...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails