Friday, November 16, 2007

My successful curry puff experiment

I forgot to upload my photos in the previous entry and realized that the post got too long! Anyways, the first thing I experimented was CURRY PUFF! I used leftover curry paste and just add whatever spice I had, with whatever amount of coconut milk (aka. this is a recipe that is pretty hard to duplicate, since I worked with a curry paste which I don´t have anymore) Next time I would have to make curry from scratch, which shouldn´t be a problem either, except that this one tasted amazingly GOOD, for a 1st-try and amateur.
1. Cook the curry

2. Make the circles from pastry puff

3. What it looks like before its baked

4. The yummilicious finished product! Yum yum!

And yup, it tasted as good as it looks! I brought it for a friend´s gathering and everybody ate lots, even though it was burnt on the bottom, thanks to my friend´s overly- functioning- oven.

10 comments:

Steph said...

hey, i managed to log in to your privatised post using my own blogger account. your curry puffs look really great! you're really innovative i must say =) and your kitchen is very neat - i see you're well stocked up with spices. do let me know if you need anything shipped from spore ;)

Cory said...

Impressed!!! I wish I could taste those!

Pris said...

Hey Steph! Cool! I wasn´t sure if you had any gmail account, heheee. That´s great! Then at least I´d know who wrote in my blog. Thks 4 commenting on my kitchen! It looked like a war zone when I was preparing the curry puff! =) Oh cool! Glad it worked out with the currypuff, will have to try to duplicate it again though! Thks 4 the offer! Will know who to contact if I need anything!

Pris said...

Dear Cory! Thanks! I wish I can post some for you to taste too! They´re yummy! But no competition for Old Chang Kee hahaa, man, really think of opening a brand of Old Chang Kee here!

jen said...

Hi dearie,

You are so gifted at cooking!!! Hee... you never fail to amaze me by the sheer variety of the food you cook... I am starting to believe that you can cook anything!!! hee...

Thanks for sharing about your job search too... keeping trusting Himn k! You are doing well... keep growing... hug...

Love you,
Jen

Cory said...

I will be looking fwd to your joint of curry puff if I am going to be in Stuttgart! Hopefully for the next Mercedes Cup to catch my fav Nadal! :-)

Pris said...

Dear Jen! Thanks for your encouragement! =) So so nice to hear from you! And don´t forget to help me wish Mr HuanYang happy birthday!! Its so wonderful to have friends to share this stage of growing with! Really treasure our friendship!

Pris said...

Dear Cory! U planning to visit Stuttgart again? You´re always welcome to stay with us if you are! =) And sure, we can make curry puffs together too hahha..... =)

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Now that looked like a really successful attempt, congrats! And you've made lots of them, wouldn't mind having a few now...

Pris said...

Dear serene! Thanks! =) Its great to have cooking compliments from a Mrs-wonderful-cook like yourself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails