Today´s my birthday - or at least what´s left of it. Its with such a heavy and sad heart that I´m blogging about this. Stephan arranged to go for a road trip with me today, saying that its a surprise and I was really looking forward to it. Somehow in the back of my mind though, I really really hoped that Stephan would organise a little birthday party for me - the way I normally celebrate it back in Singapore. We (my girl friends and company) would normally meet to go for dinner, have a wonderful time together and end of with presents and a birthday cake of course.
Things couldn´t have gone any worse today.
1) We didn´t have a party. I didn´t get any online cards or normal cards to wish me happy birthday or anything in that effect. I only got 1 phone call from one galfren in Singapore, to which I didn´t even manage to answer.
2) I didn´t get a birthday cake. Stephan had no idea that a birthday cake would mean so much to me. I was devastated when I realized that I wouldn´t get any cake, or any candle to blow out. I think this would be one of the few times, if not the only time that I "celebrated" my birthday without a birthday cake.
3) I didn´t get any single present except the stuff that Charissa brought me from Singapore last week. Stephan wanted me to choose a handphone and a perfume, but I really felt that I didn´t need a handphone, since I wouldn´t have anybody to contact anyways, plus I still have a perfume that I´ve been using for the past 5 years. My one and only perfume in my entire life. I´m not too much a perfume person, so I hardly use perfume, except on weekends.
4) No flowers either. During our long-distance relationship, Stephan normally sent flowers over the internet to my workplace. However today, I didn´t get any flowers even though I sorta "hinted" to Stephan when we were in Nüremberg. He didn´t catch any hint... so no flowers for me either.
5) Last blow. Stephan wanted to bring me to "Indochine" - which is a Singapore chain of restaurant. However, instead of searching the Indochine Singapore website, he went to google for "Indochine Germany" instead. Hence, he had the impression that there was a branch in Nürmberg where he drove us. As expected, the restaurant didn´t turn out to be the Singapore one and it was a normal thai, Indonesia restaurant. We ended up having restaurant in a normal Chinese takeaway restaurant.
I was so sad that I wanted to cry..... Ahhh...... My dad sent me a surprise email asking me for my bank account number and that he wants to send money to me! Thank God for fathers! OH man, perhaps I might fly back to Singapore for Christmas.... will see.....