Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Why do I want to go back to work?

I've thought about that question a couple of times over the past week.

I'm happy as a stay-at-home Mom. I've got more than enough to keep me busy with 3 kids aged 5 and below. My husband earns enough money for us to live comfortably on one income. We go on annual vacations and do long-haul flights to Singapore once every 1-2 years. We can't spend lots of money on a whim but neither are we struggling.

So WHY?

For the uninitiated, I decided to join ItWorks a few minutes before the clock struck twelve on New Year's Day. Sounds so poetic right?

Basically, I'm going to be a distributor in slimming body wraps, skincare and health products.

I'm doing this because I've always been waiting for a product like this to appear on the market. 

Let me explain. 

I have 3 kids, as you would know. And I often joked to the hub that I would want to go Marie France (a renowned slimming centre in Singapore) to get my figure back, if we ever had that type of money and time. A trial slimming session can cost up to the thousands.

Most women who have given birth in Singapore have the luxury of having a Malay masseur go to their homes during the confinement period to give them a massage as well as slimming bodywrap. Both the massage and bodywrap is meant to tone, firm and slim down their tummies, such that those women who have done it (my friends) have a significant improvement in their figures compared to those who don't (uh hmm, me).

Since I gave birth to all my children in Germany I've never had the luxury of having a masseur come to my home, give me an hour of massage bliss and end off by tightening my loosened stomach muscles with a bodywrap. 

We have what you'd call a post-natal exercise course where one learns how to tighten and strengthen the pelvic muscles. But none of those crazy awesome massage-bodywraps things as what they do in Singapore.

So can you imagine my excitement when I actually heard about ItWorks? Do the wraps really work?

The entire company was founded based on those bodywraps and it's their Number 1 selling product, such that they are #6 globally in direct marketing. So it can't be all photoshop right?

I'm a strong believer of being a product of the product. I already know that there is such a thing as "slimming bodywraps" like what they do in Singapore. It was only a matter of time that a company took all the ingredients in the slimming bodywraps, come up with a winning recipe and mass produce them to ensure maximum results in a uniform way.

My Dream with this job

I started this business because I simply wanted to see how much money I can earn an income by being a stay-at-home Mom. Doing a regular job where I would be away from the kids is not an option for me. I see myself as being a Mom first and earning an income as secondary.

However, I would so love to be able to have a separate bank account from the hubby just so I can say something like "I bought this present for you" and actually buy it with my own income rather than on the income that the hubby earned. Sounds trivial? It certainly is! But it's one of the things I miss about earning an income!And the best thing about this job?

It will be the first time that I can actually earn some money while doing what I love! This business works on word-of-mouth, social media and the good old wrap parties.

I've been writing on this blog for over 10 years, I have a somewhat active Instagram account and I go on Facebook more often than I should. So, technically I'm already doing all the groundwork that is necessary to start this business.

And last but not least, I can help people slim down, detox and live a healthier lifestyle by doing what I do!

We just got our first bodywraps in the mail today and the first wrap has already worked pretty well!

Stay posted for more!!!!

------------------------

Some random photos of the 3 monkeys!

Absolutely love this pic!

So impossible to take a proper pic with 3 kids!

Taken over Christmas at our church
Isn't this photo priceless?

This is why I'm a SAHM - can't get enough of morning cuddles!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails