|Straight out from the pan|
You know how it is to FINALLY do something that you've been wanting to for the longest time?
That sense of accomplishment and "Yes! I've done it!" top of the world feeling?
Oh yeah. That's how we felt recently when hubby and I made a strawberry cake together straight out from his mother's recipe.
It was sooooo good that we both went straight for seconds.
Another best part of it? This recipe is so simple that one can simple store the ingredients for the cake in the pantry for a long time and take them out to satisfy the cake craving.
It's light, fluffy and oh-so-fruity. One can use fresh strawberries or simple substitute it with canned fruits like peaches, raspberries or whatever your heart desires.
It has an airy, vanilla-flavoured base, topped with a layer of pudding, followed by strawberries covered in a layer of jelly. We used Dr. Oetker - the leading German brand for baking condiments and we're never disappointed with the results.
|Enjoying the cake with a Nespresso Cappuccino|
Ingredients for the cake base:
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 100 grams Sugar
- 100 grams Flour
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Packet of Vanilla sugar
- 1/2 Packet Backing Powder
1. Mix everything together with a hand mixer until smooth.
2. Bake in a baking form (28cm) for about 15 minutes at 160 degree celsius (fan-forced) or 180 degree celsius (normal oven).
3. Once base is done, let it cool.
4. In the meantime, prepare the vanilla pudding according to the packet instructions. Spread the vanilla pudding on the cake base.
5. Arrange the cut strawberries on top of the vanilla pudding.
6. Prepare the jelly according to the packet instructions and spread it on top of the strawberries.
7. Allow the cake to cool / refrigerate it. Enjoy! :)
|The pudding and jelly packets that I used|