Monday, August 13, 2012

Seafood cream sauce pasta


We're back from our Berlin trip! It was beyond incredible! :) I've got so much to say and so many photos to share such that I will need some time to organise them into bite-sized blog portions.

Hubby "complained" that we only had Asian food during our 5-day stay in Berlin. It can't be helped cos Asian food there is incredible! I found myself just researching online about which restaurants to try and 5 days was simply too short to satisfy my palate / cravings!

Anyway, now that we're back home I decided to pacify my dear hubby by cooking western food again. We made a trip to METRO - it's like the Ikea-version for groceries and managed to stock up on seafood!

I managed to get frozen scallops there for about 2.20€ / 100gram, which is considered very cheap. The only drawback about Metro is that somehow the entire warehouse was freaking cold! I felt like I was walking in a life-sized refrigerator / freezer! And we were so not dressed for it, having come in summer wear cos it's so hot outside and we went cycling that day.

Oh boy, this recipe turned out so heavenly! It takes 30 minutes max to prepare and the cream sauce tasted even better than those at Italian restaurants. I like seafood but hate shellfish so I usually don't order the regular seafood pasta. Hence, its perfect that I can reproduce my favourite seafood pasta according to my liking in the comforts of my own home.

No salt is required for this recipe since smoked salmon is salty as it is. Ever wondered how to get this lovely orange tinge in pasta? It's the combination of tomato and cream sauce.

Ingredients:- (serves 3)

- 200 grams Smoked Salmon
- Handful of Rucola (rocket salad)
- 6 giant Scallops
- 6 giant Prawns
- 5 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 2 / 3 tablespoons concentrated Tomato Puree (Tomatenmark)
- 400 grams Cream (schlagsahne)
- Handful of freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Handful of chopped chilli (I used dried chilli pods)
- Olive oil
- 200 grams spaghetti / linguini

1. Cook the pasta as per packet instructions. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.

2. Fry the garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes or until fragrant.

3. Pan-fry the smoked salmon in oil until cooked

4. Add in the scallops and prawns and fry for 2-3 minutes, taking care to ensure that they are not overcooked. Scallops cook very quickly so I'm usually very careful here.

5. Add in the cream, tomato puree and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the chopped chilli.

6. Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer for 3-4 minutes so that it absorbs the seafood taste from the ingredients.

6. Serve hot with pasta. Garnish with rucola.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails