Friday, July 06, 2012

Salmon spread finger food


Ok, I admit. The not-so-fantastic iPhone-quality photo does not do justice to the taste of the food.

I made some finger food the other day for a monthly church gathering and was pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy this recipe was. I got it from mother-in-law after trying it at her place and decided that I simply had to do it myself!

It was soooo good that hubby and I were contemplating finishing it by ourselves instead of contributing it to the buffet table. LOL :) It takes 10 mins tops to prepare this, so you bet that we're gonna revisit this recipe real soon!

Ingredients:

- 300 grams smoked salmon
- Mayonnaise (1 tbsp)
- Full milk yoghurt (1 tbsp)
- 2 Spring Onions
- Capern (optional) (1 tsp)
- Lemon juice (1 tbsp)
- Salt and pepper

1. Puree 200 grams of smoked salmon

2. Add the mayonnaise and yoghurt

3. Chop the spring onions and the remaining 100 grams smoked salmon finely.

4. Add the spring onions mixture to the cream mixture.

5. Sprinkle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.

6. Spread on black bread (Pumpernickel).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails