Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lazy but healthy meals


































**Notice how the turkey slice curled up ever so nicely on the top left of the photo? This was to complement the curly pasta! **

Nah, that was by pure coincidence. But what an easy way to impress your guests, not just with your culinary skills but also with your artistic abilities in presentation!

That's my version of a superbly delicious pasta meal with my favourite Rocket / Rucola Salad.

You know how you have those days when you're famished but have absolutely not prepared anything in advance to cook?

I know I've had.

So the last time I knew that if I didn't eat within 15 mins, my hunger pangs would cave in immediately, I opened my fridge, looked at what I had to get rid and came up with this awesome meal!

I had:-
- 200 grams of cream
- Some leftover portions of uncooked pork and turkey meat
- 1 packet of Rucola / Rocket Salad
- Some colourful pasta
- Some Fresh Mushrooms
- 4 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Onion (sliced)

1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
2. While the pasta is cooking, fry the garlic and onions in olive oil
3. Add the pork and turkey meat and stir-fry until slightly brown.
4. Add the fresh mushrooms
5. When they are almost cooked, add the cream.
6. Season with Italian herbs, Herbs from Provence, salt and pepper. I added some chilli for a touch of spicyness too.
7. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 mins.
8. Serve together with pasta and Rucola Salad mixed well.

This was such a refreshing difference from the usual seafood pasta that we eat. I was quite surprised how "meaty" the sauce tasted even though the cooking process was really short. Will definitely try it again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails