Met up with Serene´s friends from Paris yesterday. Gone are the days when you get to know people face-to-face. Now most things happen online! We had an Email introduction, when Serene informed me that her friends would be coming to Stuttgart and we were delighted to meet up with them for dinner. Bl-ore (blog + more) about that later!
I saw some scallops at the supermarket while bringing them around and couldn´t resist buying some since they taste awesome! This time, I decided to pan-fry it for about 1.5 mins on each side and they turned out perfect! Cooked and firm on the outside and yet still soft and palatable on the inside, tearing apart easily when one lightly bites on them.
Tried searching for pasta recipes with both salmon and scallop, but didn´t find any that I liked. So I decided to cook them my style. Lots of garlic, onion and chilli! hahah.
Salmon and Scallop pasta
- 1 Salmon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200 grams Scallops
- 200 grams Spinach Pasta
- Lots of garlic, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Thai red Chilli, chopped
- Olive oil
- Freshly-grated Parmasan Cheese
- Salt / Soya sauce, pepper
- Lemon juice freshly-squeezed from 1/2 a lemon
1) Cook the pasta as per normal, drain and set aside.
2) Pan-fry the scallops for 1.5 mins on each side. Set aside.
3) Using the same pan, fry the garlic, onion and red chilli with lots of olive oil
4) Add the salmon and fry it until cooked. Remove the salmon and set aside (so that it doesn´t break into bits)
5) Add the pasta and stir-fry it for 2-3 mins.
6) Add freshly-grated paramesan cheese and stir until it melts.
7) Season with salt, pepper
8) Return salmon and scallops to the pasta to warm them.