Friday, October 24, 2008

Cream-of-mushroom-and-chicken soup


I love homemade chicken stock.

Its so healthy, easy to make and so filled with homemade goodness! Ok, I´m not fantastic at making other types of stocks yet, so for now, chicken stock will do.

I tried my hands at making western soup for the first time. And what better soup to make than a combination of my favourite Campbell "cream of mushroom" and "cream of chicken" soup.

I ended up making a Cream of mushroom-and-chicken soup! Served with croutons, basil leaves and Ciabatta bread. Crème fraîche is cheap and easily obtainable here. I browned the mushroom with garlic and shallots, added the chicken stock, crème fraîche, seasoned it with fresh herbs, salt, pepper and basically whatever I saw on my kitchen shelf.

It was so yummilicious that my hubby and I finished everything in one setting.

Having some leftover chicken meat, I proceeded to make chicken sandwich with mayo (left) and fried beehoon with chicken - no photo though.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails