Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Beks and Renita visit part 1

Beks and Renita came over 1 day after Andrea left. Needless to say, I had only 1 day to pack up the place, clean the house before our 2 young guests came popping by. I was a bit sad that I couldn´t pick them up from the airport, Stephan and my Dad Werner went as I was stuck in school since the teacher kept emphasizing that the last weeks are crucial (I have my final exams next week) - 3 full days!

Anyways, we had an awesome 4 days! They are in Switzerland now and will go to Paris before coming back to Germany on Friday and leaving again on Saturday morning. Funny thing is that we did almost the exact same thing that we did when Andrea was here! Our plans to go to Munich was scrapped because we felt that it was way too long (2.5hrs one way) in comparision to going to Heidelberg (1hr). It was really fun though. Same places but such different experiences, cos you go with different people.

We actually cooked together twice, first time on the first day that they were here and the second time after our trip to Heidelberg, since we were tired and didn´t want to go to a restaurant or lounge. I´m beginning to think that people who pop by our place are going to get crash courses in homecooked food.

Nothing ambitious, we had fish fillet the first time followed by fried rice the second time. Trust me to buy 1kg of chicken, only to realize afterwards that Renita is allergic to chicken and all poultry. Beks and Renita are both allergic to prawns, clams eg... but they can eat fish. Wow, its such a skill to cook food that is edible by all. (Take my hats off to all mothers.) Coincidently, we had pork in the freezer and fish! So we managed to whip up some food.

Don´t have that many photos on my camera since the both of them were bringing their camera all the time. Haha, we took so many photos and Beks has this thing for jumping shots. We took a few photos and named them the "failure to launch" shots - just like in the movies. Can make a guess which one between them was the "star" of these photos?
Renita in charge of salad sauce
Beks in charge of everything else!


Yum yum! Fried rice with mushroom, pork, eggs, beansprouts and sambal chilli together with green salad with italian dressing

What we did:-
Thursday morning - They arrived in Stuttgart and met me after class. We bought chinese takeaway, sat on the green grass at Schlossplatz and talked forever. Walked around Stuttgart where I showed them the main shopping street, different historical buildings etc. Beks was almost sleep-walking at some points.

Friday - They met me after school and we went shopping again. This time we hit Mango, Zara, Tally Wally, etc etc. Stephan met us after work and we ate Italian food. Met my Korean classmate there and we were talking together. Ended off the day with Spiderman 3 - brought them to the "lao pok" cinema that I go to all the time, since there´s only 1 english cinema in Stuttgart. Quite a good show actually, a bit scary and I think the bad guy is cute!

Saturday - whole day in Heidelberg. Renita bought some speciality wine, weather was much cooler than when Andrea was here. Ate at the same german restaurant, came home to cook dinner and ended off the day snuggling on our masterbed, watching "Collateral" on laptop.

Sunday - church day. Brought them to BGG, went to my in-laws for lunch, yummy! Had asparagus with potatoes and ham, plus strawberry cake for desert! Brought them to Springfestival, with all the different rides. Beks is so the epitomy of amusement park girl, Renita on the other hand is not. Poor dear felt so nauseous after 1 ride that we had to go to the toilet to p_k_. I tried this freefall ride and boy! Was it so exhilarating! It free fell from 13 storeys...woohoo!

Monday - the girls left for Switzerland. Had to really push them out of the house cos we were running late with the train. Had a a close shave with the train doors, but other than that, everything went on pretty well.

It feels so funny that Renita is done with her university already and Beks is 2/3 there. I´m beginning to feel old.... haha.
I told them that the day they get married, I will know that I´m REALLY getting old...... not that long actually! I got married at 23 and they are already 21yrs old. 2 more years? Beks wrote a song for me too! I haven´t heard it, but I saw the lyrics and its really such a sweet song! The two are so sweet and such sunshine and joy for both Stephan and I.

2 comments:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Pris, forgot to ask you to wish your Hubby a Happy Bday for me. Did you get back ok this afternoon? Sorry had to run off like that but I was going to be late for the kids. Hope to see you again before I move. Kiss.

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Pris, 7 July S'poreans from Munich having lunch in Stuttgart at Sushi and Wok followed by visit to MB museum. You may want to join the www.overseassingaporean.sg portal. Apparently there are quite a number of our countrymen in the city and around. They just had a potluck gathering at Bad Canstatt recently.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails